Cymraeg |  BSL | Jump to content |  Text Only |  Change font size  A A A

Drugs & Alcohol 

Tackling substance misuse is a complex issue because its effects are broad ranging and not always visible for all to see.

I'm worried about my alcohol use

Where can I get help?

If you are over 18:
Call the Substance Misuse Team on: 01554 744377

If you are Under 18:
Please call Choices on: 01554 755779 or text: 07896248911

They will be able to offer you confidential advice on the telephone and an appointment with a worker if you wish to discuss your problems and get you the help you need.

Other sources of help:

There are lots of online resources which give advice and information about alcohol, including some self help resources. Here are some useful places to look:

Out of Hours

Outside of office hours call the all Wales Drug & Alcohol Helpline free on: 0808 808 2234

I'm worried about my drug use

I’m an adult who cares for someone with a Drug or Alcohol problem

I’m a young person worried about my parent’s drug or alcohol use

I am worried my child maybe using drugs or alcohol

What do we do about Substance Misuse in Carmarthenshire?

There is no single solution or source of activity that will bring immediate results. Success can only be achieved when agencies, supported by the community, work in partnership to provide long term, sustainable treatment provision.

We work across Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire & Carmarthenshire as part of an Area Planning Board to meet our strategic aims in addressing substance misuse.

In Partnership

We deliver a range of services for across Carmarthenshire provided in partnership between Carmarthenshire County Council, Hywel Dda Health Board, Wales Probation Trust & the Third Sector.
This includes:

  • services to children, young people and families
  • services to adults including:
  • drop in & direct access services
  • needle and syringe exchange
  • advice & information
  • accommodation & access to residential rehabilitation
  • substitute prescribing, detoxification and other medical interventions,
  • structured counselling & group work programmes
  • support to access employment & training

Our aim is to provide people the service they need when they need it to reduce the harm caused by drug and alcohol misuse. Carmarthenshire County Council Substance Misuse Team are a team of social workers trained and experienced in dealing with substance misuse. Please see our leaflet and our annual report for further information. 

Page last updated on 26/1/2015