We offer a range of benefits and working arrangements to support employees in their working and personal life, including:
- A staff discount scheme offering discounts on anything from personal loans through to CDs.
- A discount leisure scheme in Leisure Centres across the county
- An Occupational Health Service offering health and lifestyle screening, counselling and other support.
- A Child Care Voucher Scheme
- A range of flexible working arrangements including a flexi-time scheme, special leave arrangements, job sharing, home working (currently being piloted)
- A Flexible Retirement Scheme
- Development opportunities
Whilst we may ask for certain qualifications and experience for some of our jobs, we are committed to supporting employees to develop their skills.
Some of the ways in which we do this are:
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Training courses
- E Learning
- Modern Apprenticeships
We are one of the few sectors to continue to offer a final salary pension scheme. New employees automatically join the scheme (although you can opt out if you wish).
The scheme offers:
- Retirement Pension based on final salary
- Tax free lump sum at retirement
- Death in Service cover of two times annual salary from day 1
- Flexibility to pay additional contributions to increase pension benefits
A minimum of 26 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays per year are provided. Holidays for part time employees are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Maternity Leave & Pay
We provide an enhanced maternity scheme to employees who qualify.
Paternity & Pay
Partners (who qualify) are supported at the birth of a baby with leave and pay.