The Planning Portal is available to you in association with our Planning Services. The Portal is intended to be the first point of call for anyone wanting to find out about the planning system in England and Wales.
The Planning Portal provides the latest National Planning News, access to Regulations along with Guidance Notes for applications and the Appeals Procedure.Planning Portal Home Page
- The planning portal offers a wide range of services and guidance about the planning system. Here you can check if you require planning permission, read the latest planning news and find out more about planning appeals.Guide to the Planning System
- This section gives general information about the kinds of work that you require planning permission for.Online Planning Application
- This section allows you to submit a Planning Application electronically.Appeals Guidance
- Provides information about planning applications, enforcement and lawful development certificate applications.Policy and Research
- This section provides access to chief legislation produced by the government and planning research documents.
Please note that the changes to the permitted development rights for houses, which came into force on 1 October 2008, apply in England only - not in Wales.