Cymraeg |  BSL | Jump to content |  Text Only |  Change font size  A A A

Child Performance Licence 


Many children enjoy performing, whether in plays, films, advertising or on television and parents enjoy supporting them. However, laws exist which are designed to protect children’s welfare and prevent them from being exploited. (Children & Young Persons Act 1963 and The Children (Performances) Regulations 1968). The Licensing Authority (Local Education Authority LEA) must be satisfied:

  • That the child’s education will not suffer
  • That his or her health will not suffer
  • That the place of performance/rehearsal is satisfactory
  • The conditions of the licence will be observed

The LEA is empowered to refuse a licence if it is not satisfied the above will be met.

In Carmarthenshire, the Education Welfare Section is responsible for licencing children who live in Carmarthenshire and who perform in a range of entertainments. If you need further information, please contact the Education Welfare Section on 01267 246492.

For all administration queries, please telephone 01267 246516.

Useful Documents 

Page last updated on 22/1/2015