Cymraeg |  BSL | Jump to content |  Text Only |  Change font size  A A A
Page last updated on 22/8/2014
Your Councillor 

The Council comprises 74 elected Councillors from a range of Political groups who are the decision makers and agree the Council’s policies and spending priorities.  On behalf of the local community they make decisions about local services, budgets, the overall level of Council services and the level of Council Tax to be levied each year.

Each Councillor is elected to represent a specific area (Electoral Ward) and normally serves for a period of four years (when they then have to stand for re-election).

A Councillor has a number of roles and responsibilities and they need to balance the needs and interests of their community, their political party or group with the needs of the inhabitants of the area as a whole.

Locally, their work includes holding surgeries to help local people, supporting local organisations, campaigning on local issues, developing links with all parts of the community and being a community leader. When considering the needs of the County as a whole they need to prioritise which services and the level of services to be provided by the Council.

You can find who your local Councillor is, the committees they serve on and the political party they belong to by clicking on the following link: Councillors’ Database

If you are unsure who your Councillor is, then you can search the above database for your local councillor by inputting your postcode or address.

The Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011 requires local authorities to  make arrangements for Councillors to produce an annual report about their activities as a member of the authority during the year.  Whilst Councillors are expected to produce annual reports of their activities this is not a statutory requirement.

Annual Reports that have been produced by members are available on their individual web pages, click on the following link: Councillors’ Database to find your local councillor. click on the photograph and scroll down the biographical details to Annual Reports and click on the appropriate year link

The register of Councillors’ Financial & Other Interests and Gifts and Hospitality are held within the Democratic Services Unit at County Hall, Carmarthen and can be inspected on request to:

Head of Democratic Services                                          Carmarthenshire County Council
County Hall,
SA31 1JP
Tel: (01267) 224028

Contact Details
Democratic Services                                                          Carmarthenshire County Council,
County Hall, Carmarthen,
SA31 1JP (Tel: 01267-224028)
Email Democratic Services