Wales has one of Europe's most developed infrastructures. Billions of pounds have been invested to provide an efficient transport and communications system that matches the needs of the international businesses that have located here.
Thus goods can be delivered to key UK and European customers in a matter of hours.
- All markets easily accessible from Carmarthenshire.
- The region has a first class network of fast flowing transport links.
- Five international airports are within easy reach by motorway and rail.
- Heathrow Airport is 3 hours away by road from Carmarthenshire.
- The M4 is a recognised Euroroute in the heart of Europe.
- Convenient access into the Channel Tunnel and beyond.
- Excellent access into all other main UK industrial centres.
- High-speed rail and road links give rapid access to all major UK and European cities.
- Carmarthenshire has a sophisticated telecommunications network including advanced data and video Communications.
- American and Japanese companies export between 60% and 80% of their production.
- Both Mitsui and Calsonic supply to Europe from their Carmarthenshire locations.
Times / Distances from Carmarthen to:
London - 3hrs 40mins - 195 miles
Birmingham - 2hrs 40mins - 150 miles
Manchester - 4hrs 10mins - 235 miles
Leeds - 4hrs 10mins - 265 miles
Bristol - 1hr 40mins - 80 miles
Cork - 10hrs - 180 miles
Dublin - 9hrs 30mins - 155 miles
Southampton - 3hrs 25mins - 180 miles