The Town Improvement Grant will enable eligible businesses to undertake improvements to property frontages
The grant is directed to Small, Medium and Micro enterprises within the commercial core of Ammanford. Eligible projects will:
- include works to the exterior and curtilage of commercial buildings and buildings used for community enterprises which will make a significant contribution to the general environmental enhancement of the area
- use locally sourced traditional materials including brick, stone & terracotta with stained or painted wood.
- Routine repair and maintenance works
- Works relating to health & safety requirements
- Statutory works
- Works that will not make a significant contribution to the general environmental enhancement of the area, e.g. works to elevations of a property not seen by the public
Projects will be assessed on:
- Number of adjacent properties applying for grant.
- Value for money – based on the percentage of grant requested in relation to the overall eligible project cost.
- Quality of the enhancement and how much of an impact the improvements will make on the town.
Applicants must demonstrate need for assistance. Where such a case has been accepted, applicants can apply for up to 75% of the eligible project cost subject to a maximum grant of £25000
For further details or an application pack please contact Sam Palmer on 01269 590277 or email SEPalmer@carmarthenshire.gov.uk